Celebrating 30 years of game development
2 August 2017
To celebrate 30 years of awesome strategy game development, xenomorph terrorising and gratuitous goblin-tossing, we are gifting TW: WARHAMMER players with 30 new Regiments of Renown. Fortifying the Race-rosters of the Beastmen, Bretonnia, Chaos Warriors, Norsca and the Wood Elves, this significant update is available free and easy through Total War Access. Players can register/log in here. For further information, check out our FAQ here.
30 years on and stronger than ever, Creative Assembly is one of the UK’s largest games developers. Creators of the Total War series, Alien Isolation, Halo Wars 2 and loads more, we’ve come a long way – and we’ve massive plans for the future.
Here’s a few things you may not know about Creative Assembly:
- CA was founded in 1987. We started out porting Amiga titles to DOS.
- The original Shogun: Total War (2000) started life as an RPG based on the Ming-dynasty Chinese novel Journey To The West.
- In our early days, we very nearly relocated to Singapore.
- Before Total War took off, we made rugby, cricket and Australian Rules football games.
- As of August 2017, CA employs over 500 people at our studios in the UK and Sofia, Bulgaria.
- We have 8 major projects in the works, four of which are unannounced.
As well as celebrating with our fans, the studio partied in style with our very own festival. Watch the above video for a glimpse into what went down, including entertainment from some incredible musicians and comedians!
Tim Heaton, Studio Director at Creative Assembly, said: “It’s fantastic to be celebrating 30 years of Creative Assembly. We are one of the oldest and now one of the largest UK studios, and an example of the UK’s worldwide creative impact.
“I am hugely thankful to the hard work and dedication of our talented teams. This year we have already seen unprecedented activity with the opening of Creative Assembly Sofia, a partnership with Wargaming, the release of Halo Wars 2 and continued content for Total War: WARHAMMER. Our fans will not be disappointed, with Total War: WARHAMMER II and some very exciting unannounced projects on the horizon.”