A position of significant bottom-line responsibility for a talented and creative self-starter, working closely with both the CA development team and SEGA publishing PR, Marketing and Sales staff to be the lynchpin of a new F2P brand and player acquisition strategy globally.
Maximising the opportunities the digital marketplace offers while ensuring innovative, efficient and impactful campaigns to support an exciting new major IP title and DLC projects throughout their extended lifecycle will demand a knowledgeable and passionate individual.
Strong on communication, creativity and relationship management, the role demands great planning and interpersonal skills, adaptability and a consuming desire to hit deadlines, targets and budgets.
Having considerable marketing input in on-going game design functionality, the role holder will be astute, fast-working, tactful and mindful of the value of award-winning brand-building.
- Own budget, strategic marketing plan and asset creation, implementation and post-execution analysis for a new F2P project, working in partnership with the central, territory and ESD teams as required.
- Execute campaigns in close conjunction with strategy direction from the franchise Brand Manager, ESD Product Manager and implementation with the central marketing team and on-going community promotion with the Community Management team.
- Develop close working relationships within the Brand Team, the Studio and teams within the larger SEGA corporate and local territory structure.
- Compile and analyse regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of DLC and F2P products, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams.
- Compile and analyse regular reporting on the acquisition rate performance of marketing spend and internal game structures within the F2P product, acting immediately to make recommendations to the development team and so adapt the media plan and marketing efforts.
- Work closely with central product managers and the franchise Brand Manager to understand global and local campaign timings and ensure that asset requirements are scheduled in good time so that art and development resource are adequately secured.
- Contribute to and manage marketing relationships with key digital retail partners and the ESD and Network teams on behalf of the studio; including, but not limited to, Valve (Steam), Microsoft (XBL), Sony (PSN) and mobile operators.
- Contribute to, manage and identify potential key 3rd party partnerships, ensuring directly profitable or co-promotional relationships are upheld and effective.
- Work closely with the Community team to identify and execute distinct community building and maintenance activities and strategies to provide a solid and healthy community base for F2P products.
- Proactively perform other marketing and communications tasks in line with the needs of the product and the studio as a whole as required, playing a significant part in the success of the dev team in general.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- A thorough appreciation of previous Creative Assembly games is extremely desirable.
- Previous experience of F2P consumer acquisition practices and product launches.
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space.
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices.
- Previous experience of planning and buying media either independently or via agencies.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- A motivated self-starter with demonstrable experience of authoring creative marketing plans.
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Willingness to travel when necessary and spend regular days each week/fortnight at SEGA’s Brentford HQ.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.