UI/UX Designer - CA Sofia
Design | Total War
Our ideal candidate is passionate about all aspects of the user’s experience and is excited about prototyping and designing intuitive, accessible, and beautiful interfaces that immerse the player and improve their overall gaming experience. This is an excellent opportunity to hone and expand design skills to a high level, working on one of the industry’s most interface rich games and whilst developing your career.
As a UI/UX Designer at CA Sofia, you will be responsible for designing and implementing simple and user-friendly solutions to complex design problems and usability issues in our in-game UI. As part of a highly creative and collaborative team, you will use your experience to provide designs that follow the best industry practices, while also pushing the boundaries of UI in games.
Collaboration and communication are key as you will be working together with other designers, artists, and programmers working on the interface features that you are responsible for. You will also clearly communicate regular updates to the relevant discipline teams; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven experience as a UI/UX designer on UI-heavy software products.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through completion.
- Strong knowledge of visual and UX design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Adobe XD.
- Experience creating design briefs, style guides, visual targets, and prototypes that support an overall vision.
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products.
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to take ownership & responsibility.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Able to listen to and be open to feedback and integrate that into your work.
- Obsessive gamer, interested in why things work, not just what and how.
- Experience with game production pipelines and tools.
- Experience in animating interfaces is not required, but is a plus.
- Wide understanding of the full range of games in the strategy genre.
- Deep understanding of Total War games.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.