Senior Level Designer - CA Sofia
Design | New Project
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Level designer to join our Battle team here in Sofia, Bulgaria. This is an exciting opportunity to work on and impact our new Action game project.
As a Senior Level Designer on the project, you will have ownership over multiple game levels and drive them all the way from concept through development. You will understand the gameplay intent for each level and follow the provided design direction. You will be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
You will shape the spaces for epic conflicts with a keen eye for detail and unwavering focus on gameplay.
At our studio, the Level Designers reports to the Battle Team Lead and collaborates with other designers, artists, animators and programmers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but also feel unique.
Day to day, you will create and implement level design in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. You will drive the design of your levels from paper design all the way through to shippable state.
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the planning, layout, setup and tuning of levels, from high concept through to detailed scripting in Unreal Engine’s BluePrints visual scripting system to implementing bespoke gameplay. You will conduct play-testing sessions and gather feedback and action points to refine the levels and gameplay. Your work will be reviewed by your peers and leads and you will seek to extract and implement the essence of their feedback which will elevate your output to the next level of quality!
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Communicate effectively with designers, management, and peers in other disciplines
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively within deadlines
- Experience creating high quality levels with Unreal (or any other commercial or proprietary game engine) with confidence and efficiency
- Game scripting experience using visual scripting system
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine
- Very good knowledge of terrain editing software such as World Machine, GeoGlyph or Gaia
- Experience with a wide range of game genres including: first person, third person, RTS, RPG and strategy games. Overall being a gamer and understanding what makes games fun is a plus
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya or similar 3D package and being able to create simple level props or detailed grayboxes is a plus
- Experience with and understanding of Total War tactical battles is a plus
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.