Senior Animator - New IPConsole Team Animation
Creative Assembly's award-winning team behind Alien:Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.The team are looking for an accomplished Senior Animator who demonstrates outstanding all round creativity, artistic ability and with a keen eye for quality to join our Animation Team.
They will have the ability to produce stunning work and have experience in developing animation systems for games. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed creative skills and good technical ability.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Animator to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality animations whether key framed by hand and/or working with Mocap.
With a passion to push the standard; communication, approachability and proactivity is vital for this role, as you will be expected to engage with other disciplines to drive content and new concepts through. A thorough understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is essential in this role, as is the desire and ability to mentor and help develop junior members of the team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Expert hand-key animation skills for both humans and creatures
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and proven ability to work well within a team with a passion for games
- Have experience dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of implementing animations in-game
- Have an excellent understanding of animation pipelines from conceptual phase to deployment
- You can accept and provide direction well and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder
- Experience working on titles developed in UE4
- Experience working with animation behaviour trees
- Experience with motion capture
- Taking ownership of entire features within a game
- Experience with character setup – rigging and skinning
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.