Lead Combat Designer - New IPConsole Team Programming
We are looking for a talented designer to join us as Lead Combat Designer in creating a ground-breaking FPS. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with several mixed discipline teams, directing them to bring together all the element that contribute to delivering world-class first-person combat gameplay and emotion.
In this role, you will bring your in depth understanding and love of the shooter genre coupled with experience in designing, developing and balancing FPS combat systems. You will bring expertise to the project; what makes a shooter feel both satisfying and fair and will understand how gunplay synergises with other areas of the game to create heart pounding combat experiences. You will understand how to create depth in gameplay and the nuance required to create combat that is aligned to the game’s unique vision. As well as possessing strong creative skills, you will need excellent leadership and communication skills, to drive your vision forward.
As Lead Combat Designer on the project, you will be working closely with leads and directors to realise the combat vision of the game. On a day to day basis, you will collaborate with several mixed discipline feature pods to drive the quality and gameplay of our world class combat experience. You will create real depth in both gameplay and combat that is aligned to the game’s unique vision.
A key member of the team, you will well , seeing your vision through to fruition. You will be regularly communicating with the team and directors to maintain passion and focus on your the vision and update on any progress. You will also coordinate with production to establish relevant deliverables.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience of combat designer, preferably at a senior level
- Experience developing a game in the First Person Shooter genre, preferably in AAA development
- Previous leadership of a team/feature pod
- Highly developed communication skills
- Depth of knowledge and understanding of shooter mechanics in comparable titles
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for delivering high quality work
- Working with multi discipline teams
- Experience of delivery of a Game As A Service
- Knowledge of Unreal 4 development
- Good technical design skills
- familiar with Agile development processes
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.