Lead 3D Environment Artist - CA SofiaTotal War Art
Our awesome Total War art team in CA Sofia has the perfect position for a talented Lead Environment Artist specifically skilled at buildings, props and natural terrain, as well as a keen eye for level building and polishing.
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, and technical skills will be a strong asset for the position.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role.
As the Lead Environment Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the Environment team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, steering your team and solving problems, working closely with the wider development teams and design and concept, to produce an engaging and coherent universe.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
- Deep knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya
- A working knowledge of Substance Designer
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated approach to work
- Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation
- Lighting experience and ability
- A working knowledge of Substance Painter/Zbrush
- A practical comprehension of Post Production effects
- All round art ability
- Love of games
- Concept art skills
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.