Generalist/ UI ProgrammerTotal War Programming
We are looking for an experienced Generalist/ UI Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will be a key part of a multidisciplinary team creating and maintaining core features of a new IP title within the Total War Universe.
You will be working on an innovative Total War title with a small but experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to really shape the game. You will also have the chance to make a real difference on this unique project and work as part of a world class team.
This is a chance to work in a small agile development team within a large studio with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, are always valued.
As a Generalist/UI Programmer on the team, you will be working collaboratively with the wider team. You will be working closely with game designers, programmers, artists and audio designers to create high-quality UI and gameplay features, including contributing to the design and iteration of those features. Creating high-quality, maintainable code using up-to-date coding practices are central to this role. You will also take ownership of new and existing systems and see them through production to release.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C# and C++ programming skillset
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
- One shipped Unity title (console or mobile)
- Thorough understanding of Unity systems such as UI, animation and editor extensions
- Experience with user interface development
- Good academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Experience working on mobile, puzzle, CCG, virtual board game or similar titles
- Keen player of games in general
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.