Gameplay Programmer - CA SofiaTotal War Programming
You will be working with varied team of programmers, designers and QA Technicians collaborating to create leading edge game AI that challenges our players and is fun and immersive to play against.
As a Gameplay programmer on the project, you will be working in collaboration with the Game programming team to develop code aspects of AI systems for Total War. This includes behavioral elements of the AI and tooling for analysis. You will also collaborate and problem solve the wider game development team on the project.
You will develop software and support the Total War game AI as new project needs arise. You will adhere to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development process as you work. You will be involved in developing new features for the Total War game and be highly competent in maintaining new and existing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High level of C++ programming
- Strong interest in AI
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Experience in game development
- Excellent academic background, preferably in a numeric discipline
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality- Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus- We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork- We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect- Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust- Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.