Game Designer - CA SofiaTotal War Design
You will be able to offer insights that drive the way our projects are shaped and directly influence our players’ gaming experience. You'll become part of a world class development team working on a title in the award winning Total War series. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the title leading up to release.
As a Game designer on this project, you will take full ownership and responsibility of multiple features and ensure they are fully delivered to highest quality. This is to include content research, planning and implementation, UX, balancing and more. You will work as a part of team Collaborate and communicate with other designers, artists and programmers working on the features that you are responsible for. You will regularly communicate updates to various disciplines in the team; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining fun and balanced systems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience of development of a title from start to finish with an understanding of the process of delivering the game
- Experience on core systems design, and seeing those designs through to execution and with ongoing support. You will have extensive experience of balancing large sets of numbers, for unit balance, progression systems etc.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and written in English and Bulgarian
- Have experience of working on a strategy game as a core/balance/system designer, or be an avid strategy player
- You will be working with multiple disciplines in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals
- You must be able to listen to and be open to feedback and integrate that into your work
- Obsessive gamer, interested in why things work, not just what and how
- Strong historical knowledge
- Deep understanding of Total War
- Wide understanding of the full range of games in the strategy genre
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.