Communications Editor - New IP
Marketing & PR | Console Team
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced editor with a passion for games to join the team behind Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2 as a Communications Editor to help shape the tone for Creative Assembly’s communications for our new FPS title coming to PC and console.As an experienced and credible copywriter, you will deliver relevant copy to support communications efforts across a variety of media. You will provide guidelines on how we address our audiences, in a fast-paced and competitive landscape. In this new role, ownership of the consistency of our messaging, brand voice and tone across all our channels and supported languages will be key.
As Communications Editor, your core responsibilities will be to work closely with the development team to provide copy to support all communications efforts and ensure consistency within our brands written materials. Working with a range of partners, you will also oversee the localisation of all messages you craft into the key supported languages and ensure they are delivered on time for a global, simultaneous release.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the Global PR Manager as well as the wider Brand team in a fast-paced live environment. You will become a pivotal hub of deep game knowledge. The communications you craft will be used by internal teams as well as external partners to promote the game effectively, accurately and in detail to the wider world. Your work will directly contribute to PR planning, marketing direction and messaging around the game and define how it is perceived.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Apply best practice on delivering copy across a variety of media, such as official blog posts, newsletters, FAQs, press materials and public statements.
- Keep abreast of what is going on in competitors’ communities and the overall gaming world to nurture your reflection on how to best address players’ needs.
- Collaborate and work alongside the development team, examining game features from a variety of perspectives to craft honest and thrilling communications around them.
- You will be a great storyteller, knowing the game inside out so that you will be able to craft messaging that informs, entertains, and excites our audience while setting the right expectations.
- Proven, outstanding communication skills in written English
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to work autonomously but with a collaborative spirit
- A positive personal attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative when needed
- Current knowledge of the mainstream games industry and marketing practices
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations
- A personal appreciation/knowledge of several FPS titles
- Experience setting voice and tone for a new brand
- A champion of inclusive language
- SEO knowledge
- Experience working in a live environment and across different markets a plus
- Keen understanding of digital and social content as well as long form storytelling
- Journalistic mentality with an excellent instinct for evaluating content opportunities
- Great verbal communication skills
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.