Campaign Gameplay ProgrammerTotal War Programming
Creative Assembly is looking for fantastic programmers to join the well established Total War Campaign team.
In this role, you will be working alongside programmers, designers and artists to deliver new, innovative and compelling gameplay features for the campaign map area of Total War.
This is a chance to work in a large multi-project development environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, will never be dismissed.
Work with designers and artists to create high-quality gameplay features, including contributing to the design and iteration of those features. Take ownership of new and existing features, and see those features through production to release. Create high-quality, maintainable code using up-to-date C++ practices.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Expert OO design skills
- Superb knowledge of programming best practices
- Good analytical and mathematical ability
- Good communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and management staff
- Experience as a programmer in the games industry – at least 2 shipped titles
- Experience developing gameplay systems for strategy games or similar
- Broad gaming experience and a sense of good game design
- A keen player of strategy games and games in general, including Total War
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Perforce and other source control experience
- Familiarity with Lua integration and scripting
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.