Associate Automation Engineer – CA Sofia
Quality Assurance | Total War
You will report to the project leads to reflect progress in automating testing, alongside working with other development teams to produce new tools as well as improving existing ones.
Please note that a motivation letter is required for this position and applications without such will not be considered. We would love to hear about your gaming experience. Have you ever played Total War? What are the game genres that you prefer and why?
As an Associate Automation Engineer, your responsibilities will include producing automation scripts and programs to cover game testing. This will allow testers within QA to increase testing coverage. You will also be required to monitor current script reliability and fix any outstanding bugs and problems.
You will be responsible for reporting in game bugs discovered by regularly run scripts. You will be working with our internal tools teams to produce improvements to existing programs including build procedures and production of other tools used by our teams.
You will be gathering feedback from the various QA project teams on how they utilize the scripts and identify areas where improvements or new scripts can be made. You will also review test plans and coverage to identify where improvements can be made.You will spend time working with game development teams to improve in game features in order to increase automation capabilities and coverage.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proficient in Lua scripting/programming or similar languages
- Game testing automation experience
- QA experience with a key interest in testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Ability to follow set process and a pragmatic approach when investigating issues
- Ability to effectively prioritise issues and new work and processes
- Microsoft Office and Windows knowledge
- Power Bi, Jira and Perforce experience
- C#, C++ and Python scripting experience
- Working with AAA games and in the gaming industry
- Software Development pipeline and process experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.