3D Environment Artist - CA SofiaTotal War Art
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, and technical skills will be a strong asset for the position.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role. Mid and senior artists are all welcome to apply.
As a 3D Environment Artist, you will be required to respond quickly and intelligently to gameplay changes and tests whilst working within constraints and requirements of the game engine. You will work with the designers to create visually stunning settlements and maps. You will create hard surface props and assets as well as vegetation creation, terrain texturing and lighting. As Environment Artist, you will work on system design for building upgrades, settlements upgrades, climates and seasons.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
- Skill in 3ds Max/Maya/ZBrush
- Skill in Photoshop
- One or more shipped game
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated approach to work
- Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Concept art skills
- Lighting and composition skills
- 2d painting and texturing skills
- An interest in architecture and the built environment
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.