3D Character Animator - CA Sofia
Art | Total War
We are looking for a talented 3D Animator to join the Creative Assembly studio in Sofia and work on exciting projects in the Total War Universe.
Reporting to the Lead Cinematic Artist, you will be responsible for creating and implementing high-quality animations, and as a 3D Character Animator, you’ll be driving the team to make sure the high-quality standard is always met. A thorough understanding of game and film pipelines is essential in this role.
Communication, approachability, and proactivity is vital for this role, as you will be expected to engage with other departments to drive content and new concepts through.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Must have experience dealing with gameplay and cinematic/film animations
- Understand animation pipeline from conceptual phase to deployment
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
- Excellent hand-key animation skills for both human and creatures
- Experience with key-frame animation
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work well within a small team
- Take constructive criticism very well and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
- A thorough understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics
- Experience with Max/Blender
- Experience in working with motion capture data
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams, and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrives working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams, and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.