The audio engineers’ primary purpose is to aid in the production of audio content, implementation and testing audio for Total War and Total War Digital titles developed at the studio with the a specialisation in dialogue.
- To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Manager, aiming for a AAA in-game dialogue experience.
- To continually evaluate and improve the dialogue sound system design.
- To prepare and operate dialogue recording sessions.
- To record and edit English and sometimes foreign dialogue.
- To implement all dialogue languages and ensure functionality is as intended.
- Ensuring the dialogue experience in the game is rich, varied and believable. Working with script writers and designers where needed to achieve this.
- To ensure all cut-scenes have an appropriate amount of dialogue planned and recorded and that foreign versions are considered.
- To work with Audio Manager and designers to cast actors.
- To liaise with internal QA to ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered.
- To tracklay and mix foreign language versions of in-game movie and marketing materials.
- Assisting Audio Manager and/or other members of the audio team in the creation of sound effects or other audio assets.
- Integrate general audio content into games using scripting or other in-house tools and software.
- To create, integrate and mix audio content for trailers, demo’s and conferences.
- To test all aspects of implemented game audio to ensure playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Report directly to and keeping well informed the Audio Manager, all issues and problems.
- To help construct and maintain the in-house sound effects library, adhering to set conventions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commercial dialogue recording experience for video games, in-house in a game development studio or 3rd party audio company.
- Good dialogue and sound editing skills.
- Ability to track-lay and mix dialogue to picture at commercial standards.
- Strong communication, verbal and people skills.
- Ability to keep to schedules and work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated, working effectively and efficiently on own or as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content.
- Excellent hearing ability for distinguishing sound quality.
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound in games and other forms of a/v entertainment.
Must have completed extensive dialogue work on the following:
- 3 shipped full price retail console or PC games.
- Strong technical ability.
- Educated to at least HND level in sound engineering.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a DVD show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design
- PC, iOS and Unity experience.
- AAA games experience an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of Wwise.
- Sound design experience.
- Ability to track lay and mix general audio to picture to commercial standards.
- Scripting/implementation ability using in-house tools and software.
- Location recording skills and experience.
- Proficient with Wavelab, Nuendo and ProTools
- Degree in sound related discipline (2:1 or above)
- Ability to drive – have car.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a DVD show reel in support of their application, demonstrating their work.
Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel.
The Position will not lead to composing opportunities.